A/V Tech - Temporary
Grounds For Sculpture
Posted January 18, 2022
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a temporary, part-time, AV Tech to join our team. The AV Tech will be responsible to ensure the smooth running of Night Forms, a light and sound installation, which will include test walkthroughs each evening Thursday- Sunday; availability for troubleshooting onsite during run of program; shutting down procedures at the end of the nightly program. Hours are 3:30-9:00pm Thursday – Sunday through February 27; 4:30-9:30pm Thursday – Sunday March 3-12; 5:30-10:30pm Thursday – Sunday March 13-April 3 . Hourly rate is $30 for a maximum of 25 hours/week. This is a temporary seasonal position which concludes on April 3, 2022.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesGFS seeks to be inclusive, reflective, and responsive to the dynamic world we live in. Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Courteous and respectful communication with GFS Staff, outside contractors and artistic team, and visitors to GFS.
• Conduct walk throughs of all installations each night to make sure they are working properly
• Diagnose and troubleshoot any technical issues on site during the run of each nightly program
• Promptly log and communicate all technical issues with GFS and Klip teams
• Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
• Immediately contact Supervisor for any unresolved technical issues that impact the performance of the program.
• All other duties as assigned
• High school diploma
• 4 or more years work related experience in A/V tech or a related field
• A/V or CTS Certification preferred
• Operational familiarity with video projectors, media playback systems, IP network, video and audio signal distribution, telecom wiring, and electrical safety
• Confidentiality regarding the back-end functioning and access to the program as well as GFS equipment and software
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and be flexible with schedule; willing to work in various temperatures
• Demonstrate respect and inclusiveness to all employees, embracing differences
• Advanced proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Outlook, Office, Intranet skills
• Basic familiarity with safe operation of hand and power tools and ladders
• Grounds For Sculpture requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Grounds For Sculpture will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
*2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, 1 dose of J&J
Hourly Rate: $30.00 – Temporary position ending April 3rd
Average of 25 hours per week, additional hours could be needed.
GFS is stronger for the diverse ideas, lived experiences, passions and skill sets of our staff. To that end, we offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
How To Apply
Interested in applying? Please apply directly through our website and must include a cover letter: www.groundsforsculpture.org About Grounds For Sculpture https://www.groundsforsculpture.org/about/mission-strategic-vision/ Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by the late artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson. Featuring nearly 300 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists in a beckoning landscape, Grounds For Sculpture combines art and beckoning spaces to welcome, surprise and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. In addition to its permanent collection, Grounds For Sculpture offers rotating special exhibitions in its six indoor galleries, rich educational programs, and dynamic family events. Located in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds For Sculpture.