Art Therapists/Social Workers (Part-time, Temporary)
Red Bank, NJ
Monmouth Arts Council, Inc.
Posted April 15, 2022
Monmouth Arts is seeking experienced Art Therapists/Social Workers for the Creative Expressions Arts & Wellness Program.
Duties and Responsibilities- Well-versed in a variety of modalities (visual art, dance, writing, and music).
- Conduct art lessons (typically two hours in length) that are developmentally appropriate, focused on the whole student, and build social-emotional learning as much as skills.
- Work with Creative Expressions Coordinator and Teaching Artist to develop outlines and lesson plans that embody the goals of Monmouth Arts.
- Communicate with administrators, teachers, students, and staff regarding the progress/status of the art program.
- Provides interventions that increase emotional support to students during identified stress points to facilitate adaptive coping.
- Other responsibilities include attending professional development sessions, assessments, meeting with the Creative Expressions Coordinator, and performing other duties as needed.
Requirements- A minimum of three years of teaching experience working as a mental health professional.
- Must possess the ability to provide clear and appropriate content with special consideration to the unique abilities of participants of all ages and demographics, both individually and as a group.
- Possess a charismatic personality and motivate participants to enjoy themselves and feel inspired.
- Must have the strong ability to lead programs with cultural competence and sensitivity.
- Reliable and punctual
- Confident in working with children and teens
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Willingness to travel to sites in Monmouth County.
- A car or other reliable mode of transportation is a must.
- A background check is required for employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
How To Apply
How to apply: Send an email with the subject line Creative Expressions and attach a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Devan Brash, Creative Expressions Coordinator, at email@example.com.